ACC California Chapter
A MESSAGE FROM THE CALIFORNIA ACC BOARD
At ACC California, our goal is to equip Muslim students from California with the financial independence to pursue higher education while eliminating the hurdles of student debt and interest-based loans. We are motivated by students who have strong Muslim identities and study in all fields and work to provide interest-free loans. We aim to diversify the pool of candidates and to select students from diverse racial and economic backgrounds in a wide array of fields of study.
As a chapter of A Continuous Charity, a national 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, we support the goal of promoting the spiritual and intellectual development of Muslim students in North America.
To support this work and make a deep impact on the lives of Muslim students, donate to help students from California today.
To hold an event with us or volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
+ KAMRAN KHAN
- Kamran is a Product Manager at Xilinx for AI solutions. In addition to ACC, he has served various community organizations including WVMA and HDF. He joined ACC with the hopes of helping more young muslims reach higher education and becoming influential members of society for the betterment of their families and their communities.
+ BABALWA KWANELE
- Babalwa is a licensed mental health therapist managing school based mental health services within a community mental health clinic located in the Eastbay. She joined ACC with the hopes of supporting Muslim youth, from diverse backgounds, to have increased access to financial and educational resources, and to encourage youth to become socially active positive contributors for the community. She is a mother of 3 children and lives in the East Bay.
+ SAFEER MOHIUDDIN
- Safeer Mohiuddin is a tech entrepreneur and also manages Cordoba Fund, a $10M real estate fund. Additionally, he serves on the endowment board of a few non-profits and talks about personal finance.
+ HADEER SOLIMAN
- Hadeer is a California-licensed attorney currently serving as staff counsel at a children’s hospital. She completed her undergraduate degree in Public Health Science and Spanish at UC Irvine and her JD at Chapman University, Fowler School of Law. She lives in Orange County, California.
+ ASAAD TRAINA
- Asaad is currently a resident physician in internal medicine at UCLA. He completed his undergraduate degree at UC Irvine, medical school at the University of Vermont and MPH in health policy at Harvard. With the help of ACC, he was able to complete his studies without taking any interest bearing loans. He joined ACC with the hopes of helping others do the same.
+ DANNA ELNEIL
- Danna is the Program Director for MSA West, where she leads nonprofit strategy & organizational development and builds programs and resources to cater to the holistic wellbeing of Muslim college students across California. She is passionate about building leadership and training students as community organizers to advocate for their communities. She joined ACC to increase accessibility of higher education to underserved students through access to equitable financial resources.
+ AMMAR SIDDIQI
- Dr. Siddiqi is a practicing orthodontist in the Orange County area. He completed his undergraduate degree at UC Irvine, DDS at the University of Southern California and residency in orthodontics along with his MBA at Roseman University of Health Sciences in Nevada. With the help of ACC, his family and local community he was able to complete his education without taking out substantial interest bearing loans. He joined ACC because he is extremely passionate about the cause and bringing about lasting change to the lives of fellow Muslim students.